Who doesn’t love a little holiday humor every now and then? Share these hilarious 4th of July jokes for kids with the youngsters in your life as a fun way to teach them some U.S. history. As an added bonus, they’ll be the hit of their family Independence Day barbecue!
1. What did the ghost say on the 4th of July?
Red, white, and boo!
2. What did the tourists say when they left the Statue of Liberty?
Keep in torch!
3. What’s red, white, black, and blue?
Uncle Sam after a boxing match.
4. Who has to work on the 4th of July?
5. What did the colonists wear to the Boston Tea Party?
6. What do ducks love about the 4th of July?
7. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
On the bottom of the page.
8. What did the firecracker eat at the movies?
9. Why couldn’t George Washington fall asleep?
Because he couldn’t lie.
10. What was the most popular dance in 1776?
11. Why does the Statue of Liberty stand for freedom?
Because she can’t sit.
12. Where is the capital in Washington, D.C.?
At the beginning.
13. What did the flag do when it lost its voice?
It just waved.
14. What beverage do you drink on July 4th?
15. What is the best sport to play on July 4th?
16. Why is there no knock-knock joke about America?
Because freedom rings.
17. What do dads like to eat on the 4th of July?
18. Which flag is the most highly rated?
The American flag. It has 50 stars.
19. Which Founding Father is a dog’s favorite?
20. What did King George think of the American colonists?
He thought they were revolting.
21. What do you eat on July 5th?
Independence Day–old pizza.
22. How did the Boston colonists’ dogs protest against England?
The Boston flea party.
23. Which colonists told the most jokes?
24. What’s red, white, blue, and green?
A patriotic turtle.
25. What do you get if you cross a stegosaurus with a firework?
26. What did the lightning say to the fireworks?
You stole my thunder!
27. Why should you research fireworks before purchasing them?
To get the most bang for your buck.
28. What do you call a really good drawing by an American child?
A Yankee doodle dandy.
29. Why were the first Americans like ants?
They lived in colonies.
30. What did Luke Skywalker say on the 4th of July?
May the fourth be with you!
31. What do you get when you cross a patriot with a curly-haired dog?
A Yankee poodle.
32. Why did Paul Revere ride his horse from Boston to Lexington?
Because the horse was too heavy to carry.
33. What did the little firecracker say to the big firecracker?
34. Did you hear the joke about the Liberty Bell?
Yeah, it cracked me up.
35. What do you get when you cross Captain America with the Incredible Hulk?
The star-spangled banner.
36. Which is the smartest state in America?
Alabama. It has four A’s and one B.
37. What happens if something goes wrong with the 4th of July celebration at Mt. Rushmore?
I don’t know, but it will be a monumental disaster.
38. What happened as a result of the Stamp Act?
The Americans licked the British.
39. What was General Washington’s favorite tree?
40. What was the wildest battle of the Revolutionary War?
The Battle of Bonkers Hill.