Tickets are now on sale for West Travel Club’s Uluru New Year’s Eve Tour.
Hosted by Travel Editor Stephen Scourfield, the three-night tour departs Perth on December 29 and includes direct flights to and from Uluru on a privately chartered plane, accommodation at Sails in the Desert at Ayers Rock Resort, hotel transfers, a selection of meals, plus more.
Having visited Uluru multiple times throughout his career, Stephen says he can’t think of a better place to welcome in the New Year, adding there is no better way to get there than on a direct charter flight.
“It’s quicker to fly to Uluru than to fly to Broome,” Stephen says. “Everyone will be there to share the experience together — and that creates a great atmosphere on the flight.”
As part of the exclusive weekend, guests will witness and experience the magical sights of Uluru and Kata Tjuta, where they’ll uncover hidden waterholes and marvel at the intricate rock art that tells the stories of the land.
They’ll also receive a Star Pass to Bruce Munro’s Field of Light exhibition, which includes an expert introduction to the sprawling light installation, plus a selection of outback canapes with sparkling wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks.
Uncover hidden waterholes and marvel at the intricate rock art that tells the stories of the land.
There is also the option to join the Sounds of Silence Dinner on New Year’s Eve, which promises an unforgettable dining experience under the sparkling outback sky.
And on the final day, a two-course lunch will take place at Ilkari Restaurant with a special didgeridoo performance.
“Perhaps even more than this, we will turn a dramatic page on the last few years, when this great, remote continent has looked after us, shielded us and isolated us from the worst of what’s happened in the world,” Stephen says.
“This New Year is a whole new start, as we travel the world again and put all that behind us.
“I’ll be happy to be at Uluru, this place strong in spirit, to start it . . . and have a lot of fun.”
Developed in association with NT Now, which is part of Holidays of Australia, prices start from $3389 per person for the basic but comprehensive package, and from $3659 with the Sounds of Silence dinner included.
- This special four-day/three-night New Year’s Eve tour departs Perth on Friday, December 29.
- It includes direct flights to and from Uluru, on board a private charter plane.
- Airport transfers have been arranged to and from Ayers Rock Airport in Uluru and Ayers Rock Resort in Yulara.
- The tour includes a three-night stay at Sails in the Desert at Ayers Rock Resort, with daily breakfast included.
- A drover’s lunch at Ilkari Restaurant will be served upon arrival to the resort.
- A two-course lunch at Ilkari Restaurant is arranged for the final day, ahead of the flight back to Perth.
- On New Year’s Eve, guests can choose to shape their own unique experience, or book the Sounds of Silence Dinner for an additional cost.
- Other tour highlights include Bruce Munro’s Field of Light exhibition, sunrise tour at Talinguru Nyakunytjaku, guided drive to Kata Tjuta, Walpa Gorge visit and the opportunity to walk along the base of Uluru and take in the awe-inspiring landscape.
- Prices start from $3389 per person for a twin share room, without the Sounds of Silence Dinner. And from $3659 per person for a twin share room, with the Sounds of Silence Dinner included.
- For more information, including a day-by-day itinerary, visit westtravelclub.com.au/tours/uluru-new-years-eve-tour