Want all of your breakfast favorites in a perfectly wrapped tortilla? I have no doubt you will love this yummy and hearty Breakfast Burrito that’s, of course, perfect for the early meal, but also for mid-day and late night eating! But this is not your regular Breakfast Burrito. It is tailored for the Filipino palate with some irresistibly meaty sweetness in tocino!
What does breakfast burrito taste like?
You can expect a lot of the beloved flavors that come with burritos in this recipe. We achieve a buttery, savory interior from our eggs, cheddar cheese, and some lettuce and tomatoes for some fun textures. But as I mentioned earlier, you get a satisfying tinge of sweetness and tenderness in our CDO Funtastyk Young Pork Tocino.
But so as to not give off an overwhelmingly sweet taste, we’ve got plenty of other seasonings to balance out the flavors. You’ll be able to taste a hint of sourness in white vinegar, and a creamy quality in fresh milk.
Ingredients in Breakfast Burrito
CDO Funtastyk Young Pork Tocino
We really want the meat to be smooth, tender and really easy to cook, and so we’re going for CDO Funtastyk Young Pork Tocino. In particular, we will need 225 grams of this.
And since a burrito is pretty much an entire meal wrapped in tortilla, we will, of course, also want some rice in the mix. Prepare 2 ½ cups of cooked rice for the recipe.
Is it really a breakfast meal without some creamy, satisfying scrambled eggs? Just have 3 of these on the side.
And let’s get some cheese involved! This helps create a milky, delicious burrito interior to collaborate perfectly with the taste of eggs and tocino.
Make sure to also have 4 flour tortillas ready for this. I love this type of tortilla because it can have a really soft texture that’s very satisfying for each bite. But the biggest reason as to why we chose this is because it can hold a lot more fillings due to its sturdiness. Lots of burrito recipes definitely opt for this specific kind of tortilla.
Also get some romaine lettuce, which we will have to shred. We will use 1 ½ cups of this.
For some added lycopene and vitamin C in our diet, let’s also grab 3 tomatoes. Dice these up accordingly.
We won’t be needing a lot of fresh milk for our burrito— just 2 tablespoons.
Set aside 2 tablespoons of butter for our scrambled eggs later on.
And last but not least, you’ll need 1 teaspoon of white vinegar.
How to Make Breakfast Burrito
1. Cooking the tocino
- Heating up the oil – Pour 3 tablespoons of cooking oil into your pan. Apply some heat, and once this has gotten hot enough, you can set the stove between low to medium heat.
- Frying the tocino – Add your CDO Funtastyk Young Pork Tocino, and fry this up. You can turn each piece to the other side once it has browned enough. Afterwards, you can take the meat out of the pan, and slice them into serving pieces.
2. Crafting the scrambled eggs
- Putting the eggs and fresh milk together – Once you’ve placed both ingredients in a bowl, beat these two together. You’ll know you’re finished once you get a nice and smooth mixture.
- Melting the butter – Now you should get a clean pan, and place your butter inside. Heat up the pan until all of the butter has melted, and has gotten hot enough.
- Cooking the egg mixture – You should incorporate the mix of eggs and milk from earlier into the pan. Then continuously stir everything in the pan as you cook.
- Adding cheese – We will be keeping an eye on the eggs as we cook, and so when you notice the eggs are becoming a bit more solid and less runny, it should be time to incorporate your shredded cheddar cheese. Stir your mixture afterwards, and then place this in a clean plate.
3. Preparing the rice
- Adding vinegar – Take your rice, and then just pour all of your white vinegar on top. Then mix these together.
4. Assembling the burrito
- Placing the ingredients on the tortilla – We begin with the rice, which we will spread all over our flour tortilla. Then we will be topping this with our lettuce, tomato, cheese, and our cooked eggs and CDO Funtastyk Young Pork Tocino from earlier. Don’t put too many of these components on the tortilla so that they are in less danger of falling out.
- Rolling the tortilla – Then you should turn this into a wrap. Make sure everything is secure. Repeat the process for the other three tortillas then you’re done! Just place the deliciously meaty Breakfast Burritos on a serving platter of choice.
Did you like making this dish? Leave any suggestions you might have in the comments below!
Filipino breakfast burrito with tocino and all the fixins
- 225 g CDO Funtastyk Young Pork Tocino
- 2 ½ cups cooked rice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 ½ cups romaine lettuce shredded
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
Cook the tocino by heating 3 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. Adjust your stove between low to medium heat setting. Fry both sides of our CDO Funtastyk Young Pork Tocino until it browns (note: no need to boil). Remove the tocino from the pan. Slice it into serving pieces. Set aside
Make the scrambled eggs by combining eggs and fresh milk. Beat until the mixture smoothens. Heat a pan and melt the butter. Once the butter gets hot enough, pour the egg mixture and stir constantly while cooking. Once the texture becomes less runny, add 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese, and then stir. Transfer to a clean plate. Set aside.
Prepare the rice by pouring vinegar over it. Mix well and set aside.
Assemble the burrito. Start by spreading the rice over the tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, egg, and CDO Funtastyk Young Pork Tocino. Secure the contents by wrapping the flour tortilla. Arrange on a serving platter. Serve for breakfast. Share and enjoy!
Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 201mg | Sodium: 544mg | Potassium: 605mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2952IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 306mg | Iron: 3mg