The classic chicken pasta alfredo is famous for its creamy and satisfyingly savory quality. It can also be pretty hearty with our yummy fettuccine pasta mixed with bits of chicken. And another notable aspect to this recipe? It’s quite easy to make!
Compared to many other pasta dishes, it has a quick and simple cooking process because we will mainly just be boiling and stirring our ingredients together. However, this Filipino version further simplifies how we make the dish with less ingredients in mind but just as much excitement and flavor!
What does Filipino Chicken Pasta Alfredo taste like?
There is a beautiful buttery quality to our dish because of its rich sauce. You will be able to notice garlic and parmesan cheese easily melting into the creaminess of it. But what I like about this Filipino rendition is the boost of flavor it gets from our chicken flakes in oil. These are perfect for enhancing the mildly salty taste of chicken.
And since this isn’t an altogether too flavorful dish, you can expect it to be generally loved by a lot of diners! Chicken pasta alfredo is already so popular as a meal we can happily bring to family gatherings. Just wait until everyone gets to try this tasty Filipino version!
How to Make Filipino Chicken Pasta Alfredo
1. Cooking the pasta
- Preparing our fettuccine pasta – You will need 1 lb. of this. Just follow the instructions on the package on how to cook your pasta perfectly. Then set this aside so we can work on our sauce!
2. Creating the pasta sauce
- Cooking with our butter, onion and garlic – Our first step for this is to get 2 tablespoons of butter, and put this in a cooking pot. Apply some heat so it can begin to melt. Once melted, you have to add 3 cloves of garlic you’ve minced, and 1 onion you’ve chopped. Sauté these together until the chopped onions get perfectly soft.
- Integrating the chicken and cream – Incorporate 300 grams of CDO Chicken Flakes in Oil, and then get everything cooking together for 2 minutes. After that, you can pour your 500 ml. of all-purpose cream inside. Wait for it to boil, and then you can set your heat to low.
- Adding parmesan cheese – We will continue cooking the sauce for a bit more time as we stir every once in a while. Just keep doing this until the sauce gets as thick as you would prefer it to be. Then you can integrate ¾ cup of parmesan cheese. Go ahead, and stir this into the mixture too.
3. Putting it all together!
- Placing the pasta in the pot – Just get your cooked fettuccine pasta from earlier, and transfer this into your cooking pot containing the sauce.
- Mixing the pasta and the sauce – And then toss this into the pot until the sauce is evenly distributed for the pasta. Then for some added seasoning, you should top it all off with chopped parsley. Now you can just take the whole dish, and put it in your container of choice. I like to use a pasta bowl for this.
And there you go! You can serve your delightful plate of Filipino Chicken Pasta Alfredo for the whole family to enjoy! Want to see more dishes that would go nicely with this satisfying dish?
What to Serve with Filipino Chicken Pasta Alfredo
Easy Chicken Caesar Salad
When it comes to pasta, the best way to go for side dishes would often be salad. And for a classic touch to our meal, I say it would be best to add some Easy Chicken Caesar Salad to the mix! This has a fresh, light taste to it that can really complement the richness of the Filipino Chicken Pasta Alfredo. I also love it because, as the name implies, it does not take too much effort to make! You will need just a few ingredients, and less than a half hour to craft this.
Shrimp Avocado Salad
Now if you want a bit more variety when it comes to your salad, as well as an exciting flavor, you should read up on this Shrimp Avocado Salad recipe. This is enriched by the taste of sour cream, garlic powder and lime. And so you get a well-integrated sourness for your daily dose of yummy greens!
Pandesal and Sardines Pizza
For a lot of people, pasta and pizza just go perfectly together! However, it can get a bit heavy on the stomach. And so if you want something on the lighter side to pair with your chicken pasta alfredo, I would suggest this Pandesal and Sardines Pizza. It is so much fun to create with small leftover pandesal and yummy, savory toppings like cheddar cheese and red pepper flakes.
How did you like this recipe? Comment what you thought of this Filipino Chicken Pasta Alfredo below!
Filipino Chicken Pasta Alfredo
- 300 grams CDO Chicken Flakes in Oil
- 1 lb. fettucine pasta
- 500 ml. all-purpose cream
- 1 onion chopped
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
Make the creamy sauce by melting butter in a cooking pot. Sauté onion and garlic until the onion softens.
Add CDO chicken flakes. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Pour the all-purpose cream into the pot. Let it boil. Adjust the heat to low setting. Continue cooking while stirring occasionally until the sauce thicken to your desired consistency.
Add parmesan cheese. Stir.
Put the cooked pasta unto the cooking pot with the sauce. Toss until well blended. Season with chopped parsley.
Transfer to a pasta bowl. Serve.
Share and enjoy!
Calories: 4264kcal | Carbohydrates: 353g | Protein: 164g | Fat: 246g | Saturated Fat: 148g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Monounsaturated Fat: 63g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1165mg | Sodium: 2275mg | Potassium: 2382mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 9091IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 1479mg | Iron: 15mg