Why close your rings if you aren’t going to tell anyone about it? Learn how to share activity updates with friends and family from your Apple Watch and let the competition begin.
Read more: Everything you need to know about Apple Watches
To share activity from your Apple Watch, open the Activity app and swipe left, then scroll down and tap Invite a Friend.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to share your activity
You can share your activity data with friends and family with just a few taps. Once your invitations are accepted, your friends will be listed in your Activity app. You can sort them by name or by specific measurements, such as steps or workouts.
- Open the Activity app on your Apple Watch.
- Swipe left, then, using the Digital Crown, scroll down and tap Invite a Friend.
- Tap the contact you would like to add. You can choose from the list of suggested names, or scroll through your contact list. Once you select a friend, Apple will send an invitation to the contact to receive and share activity data. They will be listed as Invited until the invitation is accepted.
- After they accept your invitation, you will receive a notification on your paired watch and iPhone.
If you prefer, you can also complete the process from your iPhone. Open the Fitness app and tap the Sharing tab. Tap the green Invite a Friend icon in the top right corner, then tap the Plus symbol to send an invitation.
How to check your friend’s activity
- Open the Activity app on your Apple Watch, then swipe left and scroll down to view your friend list.
- Tap a friend’s name to view their current stats including their rings, total steps, and total distance.
- From this screen, you can also adjust your sharing settings for each friend by tapping Mute Notifications or Hide my Activity. Tap Remove Friend to discontinue sharing data.
How to compete with friends from your Apple Watch
To share with purpose, initiate a friendly competition! From your Apple Watch, you can challenge friends to face off and compete to earn points based on the percentage of Activity Rings you each close.
- Open the Activity app on your Apple Watch, then swipe left and tap your friend’s name. Note, you must already be sharing activity data.
- Scroll down and tap Compete.
- Tap Invite (friend’s name).
- Wait for your friend to accept your challenge and start earning points.
Each activity competition lasts for seven days and begins the day after the challenge is accepted. Once the competition begins, each person earns a point for every percentage point they add to their rings each day. Players can earn up to 600 points per day for a maximum of 4,200 points.
Read more: Common Apple Watch problems and solutions
When you share activity from your Apple watch, you will receive notifications about your friend’s workouts and stats.
To share activity data with a friend from your Apple Watch, you must both be Apple Watch users.