Amid Cristiano Ronaldo drama, Manchester United could battle Man City for Bayern’s Serge Gnabry

0

The summer transfer window is here, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Gnabry eyed by Man United, Man City

With the blockbuster development that Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Manchester United, the Red Devils will reportedly look at Bayern Munich winger Serge Gnabry to bolster their ranks.

Sources confirmed to ESPN on Saturday that Ronaldo has asked to depart Old Trafford to play Champions League football, with The Sun reporting that the club would potentially look at Gnabry.

However, Manchester City are reportedly also interested in the Germany international. With Raheem Sterling linked with a transfer to Chelsea, Gnabry could likely leap to the top of Pep Guardiola’s priority list.

Former Arsenal winger Gnabry has already turned down a new contract with the Bundesliga champions that would have been worth over £200,000-per-week. Bayern are keen to keep Gnabry but will accept €35 million if they are unable to reach a deal with the winger and his representatives, due to his contract expiring next summer.

Man United are watching the situation closely, with Erik ten Hag still waiting for his rebuilding mission at Old Trafford to get the kickstart it needs.

Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
– Don’t have ESPN? Get instant access

LIVE BLOG

14.37 BST: Memphis Depay is surplus to requirements at Barcelona and will be allowed to move on should the club receive a transfer offer in the region of €25m, reports AS.

Depay, 28, only joined Barca 12 months ago when his contract at Lyon expired, but he is not deemed to be part of coach Xavi Hernandez’s long-term plans.

Barca need to move players off the wage bill, and bring in funds, if they are to offer contracts to players such as Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen, who are both free agents, as well as finance moves for Raphinha and Robert Lewandowski.

Depay scored 12 goals in 28 LaLiga appearances last season.

14.00 BST: Earlier today Liverpool officially unveiled new signing Fabio Carvalho. The Portugal under-21 international joined the Reds on Friday from Fulham after his contract expired, with Liverpool paying an undisclosed compensation figure.

The transfer fee for the 19-year-old was reported to be £5m, rising to £7.7m with add-ons. He was not eligible for a free transfer due to his age.

13.30 BST: Jesse Lingard is a free agent after his Manchester United contract expired last week, and he’s taking his time to decide on the best move for the next stage of his career.

Everton are the latest club to be linked, but the Sun on Sunday suggests he’s not to keen on linking up with Frank Lampard’s side.

The report states that the 29-year-old has not ruled out moving to Goodison Park, but says it would be a “last resort.” Not exactly what you want to hear!

The forward is said to have concerns about Everton long-term due to their financial troubles, with Richarlison having joined Tottenham and Dominic Calvert-Lewin also linked with a move away.

Newcastle, Tottenham and West Ham are also linked.

12.54 BST: Barcelona face stern competition to sign Brazilian winger Raphinha from Leeds United this summer, and president Joan Laporta has confirmed they have been in contact over a deal.

Sources have told ESPN’s James Olley and Sam Marsden that Chelsea are prepared to pay £60m for the Brazilian winger, while Tottenham are also monitoring the situation.

“We have spoken to Leeds,” Laporta said of Raphinha. “We know he is a player that would like to come to Barca but there are also other clubs interested.”

Laporta clarified that Raphinha’s potential arrival to the Camp Nou would not stop Barca from attempting to keep Ousmane Dembele at the club.

12.20 BST: Alex Telles‘ Manchester United career is over after a training-ground bust-up with youth team player Hannibal Mejbri at the end of last season, reports the Sunday Mirror.

The 29-year-old has failed to shine after joining United from FC Porto two years ago, and will be made available for transfer.

Tyrell Malacia will be signed from Feyenoord to replace him, sources told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.

11.39 BST: The Sun on Sunday says that Mohamed Salah was ready to return to Chelsea on a free transfer next summer … until Liverpool smashed their wage structure to tie the forward to a new three-year deal.

Salah’s wage demands had been a stumbling block, but a delegation flew out to meet with the player, who is still on holiday in the Mediterranean, and came to an agreement which reportedly makes him the highest-paid player in the club’s history.

The 30-year-old scored 31 goals in all competitions for Liverpool last season and helped them win the Carabao Cup and FA Cup.

Salah’s first English club was Chelsea, with Jose Mourinho signing him from FC Basel for a fee in the region of £11m. But he played just 13 Premier League games and was loaned out first to Fiorentina and then to AS Roma before switching permanently.

Now the Sun says that new Chelsea owner Todd Boehly had lined up Salah and it was interest from Stamford Bridge which forced Liverpool’s hand.

11.01 BST: Both the Sunday Mirror and the Mail on Sunday report that Manchester United have stepped in front of Arsenal in the race to sign Lisandro Martinez from Ajax.

Martinez, 24, appears to be the No. 1 central defensive transfer target for both Premier League clubs, but former Ajax boss Erik ten Hag is now favourite to be reunited with the Argentina international after tabling a transfer offer of £39.6m — £35.3m up front with a further £4.3m in guaranteed add-ons. Ajax are holding out for a package worth £43m.

Arsenal so far have tabled a transfer offer worth £34m, rising to 38m, lower than United’s latest proposal.

United, meanwhile, remain confident of signing Tyrell Malacia from Feyenoord despite a hold up caused by an issue surrounding the defender’s representation, sources have told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.

10.20 BST: Barcelona president Joan Laporta has insisted the club have no intention of allowing Manchester United to sign Frenkie de Jong this summer.

Sources told ESPN earlier this week that United had agreed an initial €65m fee with Barca for the Dutch midfielder, though it was said that there were still “significant” hurdles to overcome.

De Jong, 25, is United manager Erik ten Hag’s top summer target but he is also wanted by other clubs.

“Frenkie de Jong is a Barca player and he is considered as one of the best players in the world,” Laporta told reporters. “We know other clubs want him, not just [Manchester] United and we have no intention to sell him. I have a feeling that the player wants to stay.

“He is happy at Barca and I’m going to do everything I can for Frenkie to remain.”

09.41 BST: Atletico Madrid are weighing up a move for Paris Saint-Germain’s Presnel Kimpembe, reports AS.

On Friday, Foot Mercato reported that PSG are set to demand a €50m transfer fee if they are to let the defender leave this summer, with interest also coming from Chelsea and Juventus.

Kimpembe has been a key player in recent seasons, having made 30 appearances in Ligue 1 last year, while he is also a regular in the France national team.

The latest report says Atletico are ready to join the race for the 26-year-old, who has two years remaining on his contract.

09.00 BST: Calciomercato reports that Juventus are waiting for Chelsea to make their move for Matthijs de Ligt, and the Serie A club are expecting a “mega” transfer offer in the region of €70m.

De Ligt, 22, is said to favour a move to the Premier League after spending three seasons in Turin. Chelsea need to rebuild their defence Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen left at the end of their contracts and the Netherlands international is seen as a player who could be a long-term solution.

The player has a release clause of €120m but Chelsea will not pay that much. Juve have quoted €100m, but Chelsea are looking for a negotiated deal. Other reports suggest they may offer Juve either Timo Werner or Christian Pulisic as a makeweight in the transfer. Manchester City and Bayern Munich are also linked.

PAPER GOSSIP

– Arsenal are scheduled to meet Ajax next week to discuss Lisandro Martinez as the battle to sign the defender intensifies amid interest from Manchester United, reports The Athletic. Both Premier League sides feel the Argentine wants to join them and that personal terms should not be an issue, while Ajax are thought to want €50m guaranteed. If they get that, it will be down to Martinez to decide who he joins.

– There is a new contract in sight for Barcelona and Ousmane Dembele, reports Diario Sport, despite the Frenchman now being a free agent after his deal expired last week. Small differences of opinion regarding the financial details of a potential deal remain between the two sides, but they could be ironed out and the winger could sign a two-year deal if an agreement is reached over a pay cut.

Paulo Dybala is a man in demand after leaving Juventus upon the expiration of his contract, with Serie A newcomers Monza making a shock attempt to sign him. While insisting that Inter Milan remain the favourites, AS has suggested that Napoli are also hoping to bring in the Argentina star and have made contact with his representatives.

Andrea Belotti wants a move to AS Monaco to be his next step, according to Calciomercato, with the striker now a free agent after his Torino contract came to its culmination. There are options to stay in Italy as AC Milan, Atalanta, AS Roma and Fiorentina have all showed interest in the 28-year-old, but it seems he has decided to move to France.

– Lazio are demanding at least €25m for Luis Alberto amid interest from Sevilla, as reported by Sky Sports Italia. The LaLiga side have already offered just over €15m but that was rejected, as Lazio will need to give 30% of any transfer fee to Liverpool.

– According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Atletico Madrid are looking to bring in free agent Federico Bernardeschi after his Juventus contract came to an end. Napoli have also shown interest in the attacking midfielder but negotiations have not been closed, allowing Diego Simeone and his team to make their move.

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Yours Bulletin is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.