BLACK FRIDAY is almost upon us and we’re bringing you the best mobile phone deals around.
If you’re looking to upgrade, you’ve come to the right place.
*We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you’re getting the best price.
Generally we find the best place to look for phone deals at any time of year is one of the online retailers vs going to the official network sites.
We reckon you’re much likely to get a bargain on whatever handset you’re looking for by visiting one of the below sites.
iPhone 13 Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, 20GB data, £79 upfront, £35.99pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 100GB, £29 upfront, £38.99pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £45pm, – buy here
- Vodafone, 105GB data, £0 upfront, £47pm – buy here
- Sky, 60GB data, £0 upfront, £49pm – buy here
- Three, Unlimited data, £49 upfront, £54.25pm – buy here
iPhone 13 Mini Black Friday deals
- O2, 210GB data, £89.99 upfront, £34pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 20GB data, £79 upfront, £31.99pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £133 upfront, £32pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 100GB data, £29 upfront, £34.99pm – buy here
- Three, Unlimited data, £29 upfront, £49PM – buy here
iPhone 13 Pro Black Friday deals
- Three, 100GB data, £49.99 upfront, £56pm – buy here
- Three, Unlimited data, £49.99 upfront, £59pm – buy here
- Vodafone, 200GB data, £79.99 upfront, £47pm – buy here
- Sky, 60GB, £99 upfront, £69pm – buy here
Samsung Galaxy S21 Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, 20GB data, £0 upfront, £29.99 – buy here
- iD Mobile, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £30.99 – buy here
- Vodafone, £150GB, £9.99 upfront, £33pm – buy here
- O2, 160GB data, £0 upfront, £39pm – buy here
- EE, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £43pm – buy here
- O2, 250GB data, £0 upfront, £45pm – buy here
Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus Black Friday deals
- Three, 100GB data, £135 upfront, £38pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 20GB data, £29.99 upfront, £42.99pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 50GB data, £29.99 upfront, £44.99pm – buy here
- Vodafone, 200GB data, £88.99 upfront, £47.00pm – buy here
- O2, 200GB data, £0 upfront, £47pm – buy here
- EE, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £53pm – buy here
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Black Friday Deals
- Vodafone, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £53pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £53pm – buy here
- O2, 100Gb data, £29.99 upfront, £57pm – buy here
- EE, 100GB data, £89 upfront, £59pm – buy here
Google Pixel 6 Black Friday deals
- Vodafone, 105GB data, £69 upfront, £26pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 20Gb data, £9.99 upfront, £27.99pm – buy here
- Vodafone, 150Gb data, £119 upfront, £28pm – buy here
- O2, 250GB data, £0 upfront, £37pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £35pm – buy here
- EE, £75GB data, £0 upfront, £38pm – buy here
iPhone 12 best Black Friday deals
- EE, 50GB data, £0 upfront, £32pm – buy here
- Vodafone, 50GB data, £99 upfront, £33pm – buy here
- O2, 210GB data, £99.99 upfront, £33pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 100GB data, £49.99 upfront, £33.99pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £44 upfront, £34pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, Unlimited data, £49.99 upfront, £34.99pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 100GB data, £9.99 upfront, £35.99pm – buy here
iPhone 11 Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £28.99pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, Unlimited data, £0 upfront, £29.99pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £37 upfront, £28pm – buy here
- O2, 160GB, £75 upfront, £28pm – buy here
VOXI Black Friday SIM-only deals
This Black Friday, VOXI has announced its ‘biggest ever’ Black Friday sale, with plan deals going live from November 15 and continuing in full swing until November 29 (Cyber Monday).
All SIM-only phone plans featured on our list are for 5G-ready devices and offer a 5G Network, as well as Endless Social Media, Endless Calls and Texts, EU-roaming, Endless Flexibility, and much more.
And for full peace of mind, VOXI offers the option of being able to order a free SIM and activating it when you’re ready – purchasing the plan at a later, more suitable date.
- VOXI 50GB 5G Plan 2021, from £15 per month – buy here
- VOXI 100GB 5G Plan 2021, from £20 per month – buy here
- VOXI Endless Data Plan 30, from £30 per month – buy here
- VOXI 15GB 5G SIM-only Plan, from £10 per month – buy here
Smarty Black Friday SIM-only deals
Smarty’s SIM-only plans are one-month contracts that can be cancelled any time.
The plans also include unlimited calls and texts with no speed caps.
When is Black Friday 2021?
This year, Black Friday is happening on November 26 – as always, that’s the day directly after Thanksgiving.
Not that anyone in the UK will be celebrating over turkey the day before, though: Black Friday is an American tradition that crept over to these shores around a decade ago, and has grown steadily in popularity ever since.
As each year goes by, the sales period grows ever longer, with many retailers rolling out their deals as early as a fortnight before the big day itself.
📱 Read our Apple iPhone 13 event blog for the latest updates
As a general rule, the week of Black Friday – commencing Monday 22 November – that you should start looking out for phone deals.
When is Cyber Monday 2021?
Cyber Monday falls three days after Black Friday – so in 2021, that’s Monday 29 November.
These days, Cyber Monday isn’t the event it used to be, although there’ll still be plenty of great deals to be found.
It originally got the name as it was a day of online-only deals, back when internet shopping was more of a novelty, and most of the deals on Black Friday were only available in stores.
In 2021, that distinction has pretty much dissolved altogether: you’re unlikely to find many in-store deals that can’t also be found on retailers’ websites.
Cyber Monday, now, is an opportunity for stores to send out their final wave of deals – and potentially slashes prices even lower.
If you see an incredible phone deal during Black Friday, you may wish to take a gamble and see if it improves on Cyber Monday.
But that’s a risky move, since that deal might end by the time the Monday comes around – our advice is not to hang on.
More Black Friday Phone Deals
Will there be any iPhone deals this year?
Phone sellers like to focus on iPhones around Black Friday because people can’t get enough of Apple products.
Since there are so many retailers offering Black Friday prices these days, it’s an especially good time to get a deal as various stores will be competing to provide the best deals.
So if your phone contract is winding down, keep your eyes peeled for iPhone deals from mid-November as there’s sure to be some good ones.
What Android phone deals should I look out for?
Black Friday is set to offer up a wide range of Android phone deals. Samsung Galaxy handsets are pretty much guaranteed to have their prices slashed.
But it’s also worth looking out for some other models, including the Google Pixel 6 and the Huawei P40.
You’ll often get more for your money if you choose a phone not made by Apple or Samsung, so if you’re looking for a phone contract with a lot of data, shop around Android phones this Black Friday.
When will Black Friday phone deals start?
Now! In previous years we’ve seen a lot of tech retailers begin their Black Friday sales two weeks ahead of the main event – and for most sites, many deals are live right now.
We’ll be updating this page as and when we see the deals start dropping, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back in closer to the big day itself.
How do I get the best price on a phone this Black Friday?
If you want to ensure you’re getting the best possible price on a new phone on Black Friday there are a few steps to follow.
Break out your calculator and multiply a deal’s monthly cost over the length of the contract (usually by 24, but not always).
Once you’ve done that, add on any upfront costs and you’ll have the total value that you’ll be paying over the length of the contract and you can compare this against any offers that you find.
We also recommend shopping around as many retailers as you can.
There are so many stores fighting to offer you the best deal, a quick scan around the web can help you save big.
What are the best phones you can buy right now?
Finding the best phone these days is usually a case of looking at the main manufacturer’s flagship devices.
In 2021, that’s going to be the Apple 13 Pro Max, the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, the OnePlus 9 Pro and the Xiaomi Mi 11.
When will Black Friday phone deals end?
Some Black Friday deals will carry on rolling into December, but to make sure you’re not left disappointed, it’s probably best to pick up deals on Cyber Monday at the latest.
This year it’s November 29, the Monday following Black Friday.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
What Black Friday phone deals can we expect?
We can’t be certain which phones will take centre-stage in Black Friday 2021 – but we can make a few informed guesses.
Almost certain are price drops across the iPhone 12 range.
Given that the iPhone 13 will be on release by the time Black Friday comes around, it stands to reason that its predecessor will be lowered in price, across the SIM-free handset and pay-monthly contracts.
That’s good news for Apple-lovers, but Android fans should also keep an eye out for price drops on the Samsung Galaxy S21, which was released back in January – this rival handset will probably play a major role in the Black Friday sales.
If you’re considering picking one of the two phones, but you’re not sure which to go for, you can take a look at our Samsung Galaxy S21 vs iPhone 12 article.
But it’s not just top-end (or formerly top-end) phones that you’ll see on offer – look at great offers on Samsung’s affordable Galaxy A series.
Possibly we’ll see some cheaper plans available for recent releases like the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Fold 3 – but we’re not holding our breath.
Which retailer will have the best Black Friday phone deals?
It’s hard to say what constitutes the best phone deals, as it will depend on what you’re after: big data, low upfront cost, or a reasonable bill at the end of each month.
But what we can say is that there’s an awful lot of rivalry among phone networks and providers during Black Friday, and they’ll each be trying to offer the lowest rates possible.
Here’s a list of both providers and stores that set SIM-free mobiles:
Should I wait for Black Friday to buy a new phone?
If it’s just a handset you’re after, we very much recommend you wait until the Black Friday sales to start browsing – it’s when you’ll see the best price drops across handsets.
And if that’s the route you’re going, don’t miss our round-up of the best SIM-only deals.
Providing you can make it work with your current contract, it’s also definitely the perfect opportunity to look for pay-monthly plans too, which often come with either lowered prices or data boosts.
Read all the latest news, prices and rumours:
Is Black Friday a good time to buy a phone?
Like we say, there will be plenty of deals and discounts to take advantage of – but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t plan ahead.
Always do you research and check online reviews of leading smartphones before you take the plunge.
Our tech writers regularly put all the latest releases to the test, so make sure you hear what they have to say before you buy a new handset.
Are Black Friday phone deals worth it?
Yes, we’d say so. But you should do your research on the phone you want to buy ahead of time so you know what a good deal is when you see one.
Also, consider how much money you’re willing to spend, then try to stick to it – trust us, it’s easy to get sucked into the excitement of Black Friday and end up spending far more than you should.
And remember: the best Black Friday phone deals are likely to be on older models, so providing you’re not someone who has to have a top-of-the-line, flagship device, we think you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Looking for something with a slightly bigger screen? Don’t miss our pick of the best TV Black Friday deals.
If you’re looking for more than just the best Black Friday phone deals, head over to our Black Friday tech deals page.
For product round-ups and recommendations head over to Sun Selects Tech.