Black Friday 2021 deals updates – Walmart’s 50in Roku TV for $338, crazy cheap AirPods at Amazon & Best Buy Dot deal
THE Black Friday sales have begun with Walmart, Best Buy, and Target launching massive deals for the occasion and an estimated 108million people out looking to score deals.
The National Retail Federation estimates 108million people are looking for deals and that 2 million more people will shop on Thanksgiving weekend through Cyber Monday compared to last year, according to California News Times.
Some of the best deals include a 50inch Roku TV for $338 at Walmart and Apple AirPods Pro at Amazon for just $169, USA Today reports.
Black Friday deals have been going on for weeks in-store and online.
Retailers have been helping out shoppers get ahead of expected shipping delays and supply chain issues.
The die-hard shoppers know on Black Friday there may be deals that are only available that day and while supplies last.
Meanwhile, many big retailers were closed on Thanksgiving Day, giving their employees family time.
Read our Black Friday live blog for the latest news and updates…
ARE BANKS OPEN ON BLACK FRIDAY?
Normally, banks operate at their normal hours between 9am until at least 5pm or 6pm.
The Federal holidays that banks are closed on are Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, and Independence Day.
Some businesses and institutions are choosing to remain closed on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and even until the weekend.
Although banks will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, most should open back up on Black Friday.
Make sure to inquire with your local financial institution when it comes to Black Friday opening and closing times.
HOW TO FIND THE BEST BLACK FRIDAY DEALS
A good way to find the best deals is by price comparing.
By highlighting the product name and conducting a Google search, you can see what retailers are also selling the product for.
Depending on what others are offering, you’ll be able to tell if you are getting a good deal or not.
You could use the CamelCamelCamel tool, which tracks the price history of items sold on Amazon.
You can also use Honey – a price comparison tool that can be accessed on your browser.
Plus, check out seven tips on how to shop on Black Friday this year.
BEST AMAZON MEMBERSHIP OFFERS IN THE US
If you sign up to Amazon Prime for a free 30-day trial you can get 30 minutes early access to coveted lightning deals.
You’ll also be able to take full advantage of membership perks such as one-day delivery, access to Prime Video and Prime Music streaming and more during the sale.
TODAY’S BEST AMAZON BLACK FRIDAY DEALS IN THE US
Amazon US has released some exciting early Black Friday deals on Amazon devices, home appliances and much more. Here are some of our top picks today:
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Holiday Bundle, $54.99 (save $21) – buy here
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) with 6 months FREE Amazon Music Unlimited, $19.99 (save $79.94) – buy here
- Apple Airpods (2nd Gen), $109 (save $50) – buy here
- Kindle, $49.99 (save $40) – buy here
- Audible, $5.95 a month for 3 months – buy here
- Fire TV Stick 4K, $24.99 (save $25) – buy here
- Echo Show 5, $44.99 (save $40) – buy here
- Ring Video Doorbell, $41.99 (save $18) – buy here
- GE Digital Air Fryer Toaster Oven, $149 (save $70) – buy here
- iRobot Roomba i3+ Vacuum, $399.00 (save $200.99) – buy here
All of Amazon’s US deals can be viewed here.
WHEN DO BANKS REOPEN AFTER THANKSGIVING?
Although banks will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, they are open on Black Friday.
Financial institutions resuming their opening and closing times on Black Friday means that consumers have a chance to get their affairs in order so they don’t miss out on some great deals.
Hours of operation are likely to vary from bank to bank, make sure to inquire with your local financial institution concerning Black Friday opening and closing times.
Thanksgiving Day falls on November 25, while Black Friday falls on November 26.
DOES THE POST OFFICE DELIVER ON BLACK FRIDAY?
The Post Office might be considered one of the most reliable postal and delivery services, with its workers braving the elements and their unofficial motto being, “Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.”
But can the post office be counted on to be open and deliver on Black Friday?
Yes, in fact, the United States Postal Service will be open on Black Friday with normal delivery services.
DOES UPS DELIVER ON BLACK FRIDAY?
Not all delivery services are open on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.
However, UPS will be open on Black Friday with normal pickup and delivery services.
DOES FEDEX DELIVER ON BLACK FRIDAY?
Although mail and packages are not delivered on Thanksgiving, Black Friday is a different story.
FedEx will remain open for Black Friday but will have modified hours.
The only thing that won’t be in service is FedEx Freight services.
WALMART BLACK FRIDAY: HOW TO GET EARLY ACCESS TO DEALS
Walmart+ members receive early access to all the deals throughout the season plus members get free shipping.
The membership costs $12.95 a month or $98 for the year.
Additional benefits includes free grocery delivery, free shipping, member prices on fuel, and use of mobile scan and go for streamlined shopping.
While it may be too late for early access this year, you may want to consider it for Walmart Black Friday deals in years to come.
WALMART’S TOP DEALS FOR DAYS FOR BLACK FRIDAY
These big deals at Walmart are available on Black Friday – check out the Walmart website for the full list.
- Onn. Bluetooth True Wireless Headphones with charging case: Now: $29, Was: 49.88, Savings: $20.88
- Samsung Chromebook: Now: $129, Was: $199.99, Savings: $70.99
- Samsung 65″ Class 4K Smart TV: Now: $568, Was: $647.99, Savings: $79.99
- Chefman French Door Air Fryer + Oven: Now: $99, Was: $149.99, Savings: $50.99
- Farberware 20-piece Easy Clean Aluminum Nonstick Cookware: Now: $50, Was: $120, Savings: $70
- Shark Cordless Pet Stick Vacuum: Now: $159, Was: $279, Savings: $120
- Disney Princess Ultimate Celebration Castle: Now: $94, Was: $149.99, Savings: $55.99
- Nerf Fortnite Heavy SR Blaster: Now: $39.49, $49.88, Savings: $10.39
- LEGO Classic Bricks on a Roll: Now: $17, Was: $20, Savings: $3
- Kidcraft Deluxe Big and Bright Wooden Play Kitchen: Now: $84, Was: $189.99, Savings: $105.99
- Hover-1 Blast Hoverboard: Now: $79, Was: $118, Savings: $39
BLACK FRIDAY AT WALMART
Walmart’s Deals for Days featuring specials online and in-stores has been going on throughout November.
And the Black Friday deals at Walmart are not to be missed.
Chromebook laptops are selling for $129 and Walmart has sales on everything from LEGOs to play kitchens to TVs and more.
Check out the Walmart website for the full list of deals.
WHEN IS BLACK FRIDAY 2021?
Black Friday 2021 falls on November 26 this year.
It takes place the Friday after Thanksgiving every year,
Last year’s deals included bargains on everything from AirPods, Nintendo Switch and 4K TVs.
Americans will want to keep in mind that shipping charges may apply on orders that do not exceed $35.
Players may want to pick up their games at a local store to avoid having to pay additional fees.
PlayStation and Xbox fans can get their hands on the game Call of Duty Vanguard for just $39.
It’s a major coup given that the shooting game usually retails for around $69.99.
Consumers are saving $30 on a game that has just been out for a few weeks.
To find the best deals, shoppers are encouraged to search for the title of the game that they want on Google and compare the prices of all major retailers such as Amazon and Wal-Mart.
ROKU BLACK FRIDAY DEAL
Americans can get their hands on a Roku LE streaming player for just $15 in a Black Friday exclusive deal at Walmart.
The device usually costs around $30 and the offer is available for a few days.
Movie lovers will be able to stream their favorite Netflix and Disney+ shows and they don’t even need a smart TV to do so.
Americans will also receive $5 worth of credit that can be used for Redbox and a free month of HBO Max, which usually costs $10.
The streaming device can be picked up at Walmart stores from 5am and can be shipped to homes across the country.
A free 30-day return window starts on December 26.
The package will also include an HDMI cable to help you set up the streaming device.
Walmart has an array of Black Friday deals on luxury goods including TVs, headphones, and vacuums.
BLACK FRIDAY 2021 DEALS, CONTINUED
A few other major chains that will likely have Black Friday deals include:
- Home Depot – savings on tools, home goods, holiday decor and more
- Lowe’s – discounts on tools, generators, pressure washers, patio sets, electronics, small appliances, floor care, lighting and décor
- Target – deals on TVs, home gadgets and other tech
- Walmart – deals on toys, electronics, home products and more
BLACK FRIDAY 2021 DEALS
Black Friday deals vary between retailers, but shoppers can typically get bargains on everything from tech and homeware to clothes and toys.
Here’s what to expect at the major chains in 2021, based on what was on offer during Black Friday last year.
- Amazon – daily deals in the lead-up to Black Friday and tech such as Nintendo Switch
- Best Buy – early Black Friday deals last year included Amazon items, such as Echo speakers, Fire TVs, Ring video door bells and Kindle gadgets
- Costco – discounts on Apple products, television sets, gaming equipment and home gadgets
WHEN WILL BLACK FRIDAY SALES START?
Black Friday is not just a one-day event anymore, as plenty of retailers slash prices for a longer period to encourage more shoppers to spend during the busy holiday season.
Deals typically start the week before, but shoppers may want to wait until the actual weekend as deals tend to improve nearer the official day.
Most sales are now available online – as opposed to just in stores – meaning prices are lower for longer.
HOW TO GET THE BEST BLACK FRIDAY DEALS?
Just because something is part of a sale for Black Friday doesn’t mean it’s always a good deal.
There are plenty of comparison websites out there that’ll check prices for you, so make sure you don’t pay more than you have to.
Most of them work by comparing the prices across hundreds of retailers.
Here are just a few that you can use:
- Google Shopping is a tool that lets users search for and compare prices for products across the web. Simply type in keywords, or a product number, to bring up search results.
- CamelCamelCamel only works on goods being sold on Amazon. To use it, type in the URL of the product you want to check the price of.
- Honey is a price comparison tool that lets you compare prices through your browser. It can also find coupons and codes for saving money on items you’re looking at.
WHAT IS BLACK FRIDAY?
Black Friday is considered the start of the holiday and Christmas shopping season.
Many Americans have Thanksgiving Day and the next day off, so usually, people celebrating this holiday will have four days free to shop.
The day was given its name as it’s often the day that shops “move into the black”, meaning they have enough money to cover their costs.
The term Black Friday is said to have been coined in the US in the 1960s.
ELECTRIFYING (PART TWO)
The Spotlight Oral Care Sonic Toothbrush has been reduced from £110 to £73.70 , which makes a saving of exactly £36.30.
The Spotlight Oral care Sonic toothbrush works to remove more plaque than manual brushing and reduce any discolouration.
Perfect for anyone wanting whiter teeth, healthy gums, and overall better oral hygiene.
This design features a two minute self timer to ensure you are reaching the optimum daily brushing time.
It also has three speed settings, including sensitive, clean and white, as well as three different toothbrush heads to tailor your brushing to suit your needs.
If you’re unsure if this is the right device for you, check out our guide to all the best electric toothbrush Black Friday deals here before you make up your mind.
As part of Lookfantastic’s huge Black Friday sale it has reduced the price of the popular Spotlight Electric Toothbrush by almost £40 online.
This dental hygiene tool is an affordable alternative to the popular Oral B electric toothbrushes, which can fetch hundreds of pounds.
* We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you’re getting the best price.
- Save up to £40 on Spotlight Oral Care Sonic Toothbrush – Shop here
BEST AMAZON UK MEMBERSHIP OFFERS
- Audible, 3 months for 99p – buy here
- Kindle Unlimited, 3 months for £7.99, save £15.98 – buy here
- 6 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for FREE with an Echo Dot, £28.99, save £80.94 – buy here
- Prime Student 6 month free trial – sign up here
- Free Deliver Plus with Amazon Prime – sign up here
BEST TOY AND GAMING DEALS
- FIFA 22 Xbox One, £37.99 (save £22) – buy here
- FIFA 22 PS4, £37.99 (save £22) – buy here
- FIFA 22 PS5, £48.99 (save £21) – buy here
- LEGO 60197 City Passenger Train Set, £65 (save £54.99) – buy here
- Barbie Dreamhouse Dollhouse, £181.49 (save £128.50) – buy here
- Barbie 3-in-1 DreamCamper Vehicle and Accessories, £59.99 (save £20) – buy here
- LEGO 42083 Technic Bugatti Chiron Set, £261.98 (£68.01) – buy here
All of Amazon’s UK deals can be viewed by heading to the official Amazon Black Friday hub on the website.
BEST BEAUTY AND GROOMING DEALS
- Olay Regenerist Lumior Anti-Ageing Serum, £13.49 (saving £16.50)- buy here
- ghd Original Styler Professional Ceramic Hair Straightener, £80.99 (save £28.01) – buy here
- Braun 10-in-1 Beard Trimmer, £35.99 (save £46) – buy here
- Philips Lumea Prestige IPL – Hair Removal Device+ Satin Compact Pen Trimmer, £279 (save £170) – buy here